KRISHI VIGYAN KENDRA, Nicobar
KVK Nicobar was sanctioned on 20th May, 2010 for Nicobar District by ICAR, New Delhi. The foundation stone was laid on 13th September, 2010 by Dr. S. Ayyappan, Secretary, Department of Agriculture, Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture, GOI and Director General, ICAR, New Delhi at Arong village in presence of dignitaries viz. Shri Vivek Rae, Chief Secretary, A&N Admn., Dr. H.P. Singh, DDG (Horticulture), Dr. K.D. Kokate, DDG (Agril. Extension), ICAR, Dr. R. C. Srivastava, Ex Director, CARI, Dr. A.K. Singh, ZPD, Zone-II, Kolkata, Dr. S.K. Zamir Ahmed, Senior Scientist & Administrative Head, KVK, Nicobar, Shri. Aberdeen Blair ,Chairman, Tribal Council and large gathering of Development Department officials, Village Captains and farmers representing 15 villages of Car Nicobar.
The location of Krishi Vigyan Kendra is in Nicobar District which is tribal area having majority of the area under coconut plantation and agri-horticulture based cropping
system practiced in traditional way. The KVK aims to transfer agriculture and allied technologies through training, conducting front line demonstration and on farm trials for its adoption by the stakeholders. During the period the following activities were performed.
- Rapid Rural Appraisal at Campbell Bay to assess technological backstopping and training needs of the stakeholders.
- Exposure visit of farmers representing Nicobar Islands to Kisan Mela at CARI, Port Blair from 2nd-3rd February, 2011.
- Participation in Kisan Mela at Car Nicobar and Scientist Farmers Interaction under Coconut Mission from 21st - 23rd February, 2011.
- Induction training for newly recruited SMS & PA of Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Nicobar from 5th to 30th March, 2011.
- Visit of SMS / PA to Car Nicobar for familiarization with socio-economic conditions of tribal and interaction with officials of development departments and tribal council was done from 9th to 14th March, 2011.
- Exposure to TIECON - 2011 at CARI, Port Blair from 23rd to 26th March, 2011
- Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development
- On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Organize Frontline Demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
- To work as knowledge and resource centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest of farmers
|Name||Designation||e-mail ID||Phone No.|
|Shri. Mohd. Sarief||T-1 Driver||Mohamad.Sarief@icar.gov.in||(+91) 9476093441|
|Shri. Sombir||T1-Driver||Sombir@icar.gov.in||(+91) 9531877255|